The Regional Accounts Manager is a field-based role that is central in driving the future growth of soft tissue matrices and developing new customer relationships. Focusing on customers in target markets to grow revenue through an understanding of market dynamics the Regional Accounts Manager is responsible for maximizing growth through new product offerings with strategic customers. Develops production and marketing strategies and tactics to ensure effective product placement relative to market and channel opportunity. Coordinates with internal departments in identifying and implementing business development projects and to ensure that customers’ needs are being met and exceeded. Develops and grows contacts within the medical industry to provide relevant information and remain current with partner’s and competitor’s activities.
Pay: $104,679 - $120,000/yr based on relevant years of experience. In addition to base pay, the annualized maximum payout for the incentive plan is $120,000
Benefits: Generous Time Off Policy, Paid Sick Leave, 9 paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, onsite Health Care clinic, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, and more!
Location: Atlanta, Denver, and Los Angeles
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, expand, and/or accelerate new business opportunities in soft tissue acellular dermal matrices.
- Travels to hospitals and hospital environments to manage the relationship and acts as a partner to increase product potential.
- Increase sales to new customers and achieve assigned revenue and objective based goals.
- Serve as the “quarterback” working in collaboration with AlloSource’s key internal stakeholders, Field Sales, Marketing and Area leadership to create, expand, and/or accelerate new business opportunities within the assigned geographies
- Cultivate a results-driven partnership understanding customer’s clinical, economic and business needs and aligning resources from across the organization to deliver impactful solutions resulting in new business growth for the company.
- Establish and develop customer relationships by working with key decision makers.
- Provide the highest level of support and service to accounts.
- Develop and implement account management plans and strategic selling initiatives in collaboration with internal stakeholders and cross-functional teams, to ensure alignment on priorities, timelines, resources allocation and processes related to business opportunities.
- Provide frequent communication to our senior leadership, Sales, Marketing, and Operations pertaining to market trends, business opportunities and competitive developments that may have a material impact on our business.
- Assess and add new customers. Maximize revenue growth through new product offerings and increased penetration in existing products with customers.
- Lead AlloSource sales team representatives in understanding and training of new product opportunities.
- Assist VP of Sales by providing territory information, planning strategies, attending meetings and assisting in hospital negotiations. Provide economic & financial analyses including development, evolution and support of business cases, strategic planning and market analyses.
- Develop understanding of market dynamics as it pertains to customer needs, as well as AlloSource competition from public sources, including quarterly earning analysis, etc.
- Manage RFP co-bids with Accounts, AlloSource and Strategic Partner.
- Present and lead Account updates with ELT, SLT, and Strategic Partner Leadership.
- Negotiate, draft, and execute contracts and contract amendments with customers. Coordinate and lead internal and external parties in all legal, regulatory and quality implications with technical transfer, supply, production and distribution agreements.
- Assist management of backorders. Work with Operations, Supply Chain, and Distribution on inventory management and tissue prioritization based of our customers’ needs.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- Must live within 60 miles of a major airport.
- Overnight Travel Required- up to 50%.
- Driving is an essential function of this position.
- Bachelor’s degree
- In lieu of degree, 9 years’ related experience
- 7 years’ sales experience in medical, surgical, implantable and/or disposable products within a hospital, surgery center or physicians’ office setting or 5 years of sales and at least 5 years of in reconstruction tissue banking and/or plastic surgery experience
- Experience working with and managing a direct and indirect sales model
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- In lieu of 7 years’ sales experience: 9 years’ working for AlloSource with 5 of those years working in a sales or account manager role within the CBD division
- 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Experience working with leading medical distributor relationship
Effective February 9, 2022, all employees must be fully vaccinated (as determined by the CDC) or submit a weekly negative COVID-19 test to their direct Supervisor.
It is the policy of AlloSource not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. When needed we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees so that they may perform the essential job duties of the position. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. AlloSource is a Fair Chance Employer. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.