The Cost Accounting Manager will be responsible for the cost accounting function for the enterprise, including product and project costing, developing labor and burden rates, inventory valuation, developing bills of material and routings, margin analysis and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The Cost Accounting Manager will supervise one Sr. Cost Accountant, one Staff Accountant, report to the Corporate Controller, work closely with the CFO, and partner with various team members throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate has prior experience utilizing costing processes within a large ERP system, has advanced MS Excel skills, and experience developing and leading a cost accounting team, preferably within a medical product or similar manufacturing organization.
Pay: $87,067 - $100,300/yr based on relevant years of experience
Bonus: 10% target Bonus Program based on individual and company metrics
Shift: Monday-Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
Benefits: Generous Time Off Policy, Paid Sick Leave, 9 paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, onsite Health Care clinic, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, and more!
Location: 6278 S. Troy Circle, Centennial, CO 80111
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish cost accounting policies and procedures to arrive at accurate standards for inventory valuation and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop and maintain bills of material and assign labor and overhead cost to finished product.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in the development of Labor routings.
- Monthly close responsibilities that include approval of journal entries, review of the financials, and adherence to closing requirements.
- Analyze trends in cost variances, production volumes, and material usage and implement timely adjustments. Troubleshoot and research unexplained inventory transactions.
- Investigate cycle count variances and work with the inventory management team to resolve issues.
- Focus on improvement including all facets of cost accounting, inventory control, variance analysis, gross margin analysis, forecasting & system improvement. Initiate process improvement projects to update transactional, financial, and reporting processes.
- Collaborate with other department managers in reporting and reviewing various trends and key performance indicators.
- Develop cost estimates for potential new products in conjunction with Finance, Operations, and Engineering.
- Lead the annual inventory audit.
- Generate and distribute weekly/monthly/quarterly spend, inventory, and production reports as needed.
- Participate in annual operating plan preparation and strategic plan preparation as required, primarily in the development of manufacturing costs and the calculation of standard margin and gross profit.
- Provide support with internal and external audit requests.
- Lead and direct the annual update of standard costs within a large ERP system.
- Supervise, develop, and mentor team members.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- 5- 7 years’ experience in cost accounting within a manufacturing environment.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- 2+ years working directly with Executive Management.
- 1+ years’ experience working within an ERP system
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong skills in variance analysis, attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize, ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Ability to develop and mentor the people reporting to you.
- Strong analytical & independent problem-solving skills to evaluate financial results.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, especially with respect to Cost of Goods and Inventory Valuation.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills & the ability to explain complex information to others.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Experience in an FDA regulated environment (Medical device, biologics or pharmaceutical)
- Experience in a job costing environment
- Experience with Epicor or other large ERP manufacturing systems
Effective February 9, 2022, all employees must be fully vaccinated (as determined by the CDC) or submit a weekly negative COVID-19 test to their direct Supervisor.
It is the policy of AlloSource not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. When needed we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees so that they may perform the essential job duties of the position. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. AlloSource is a Fair Chance Employer. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.