The Technician, Essent Biologics will be responsible for handling technical aspects of tissue/cellular product development and manufacturing including development and continuous execution of: initial processing, cell isolation and testing, cell passage, media preparation, media feeds, cryopreservation, tissue storage, packaging, labeling, and quality control in accordance with current Good Tissue Practices (cGTP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Product Specifications, in a cleanroom environment.
Pay: $18.92 - $24.98/hr based on relevant years of experience.
Bonus: 5% target Bonus Program based on individual and company metrics.
Shift: Monday-Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm
Benefits: Generous Time Off Policy, Paid Sick Leave, 9 paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, onsite Health Care clinic, Wellness Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short & Long Term Disability, and more!
Location: 6278 S. Troy Circle, Centennial, CO 80111
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete complex human tissue and cell processing, packaging, labeling, and storage of final product.
- Strong aseptic technique in a cleanroom environment and biological safety cabinet.
- Provide input on quality and operational aspects that may cause disruptions in flow or impact quality of cells/product.
- Accurately record processing data and information in accordance with cGMP and cGTP guidelines.
- Accurately document material transactions and physically transfer product to designated storage locations.
- Adhere to standardized, hands-on technical training in accordance with current and revised SOPs, established work instructions, and product specifications.
- Clean, organize, and maintain processing work areas as required by SOPs and work instructions.
- Assist with departmental inventory management utilizing FIFO and 5S, and alerting management when inventory falls below critical levels.
- Accountable for conducting oneself in a manner that represents the company’s core values and addresses issues concerning deviations to procedures and policies with Operations Supervisors/Managers.
- Assist on projects of moderate scope including cell viability, operational excellence, and safety.
- Draft and revise operating procedures specific to the production of Essent’s products.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- Proficiently perform cell harvest, cell culture, cryopreservation, media preparation, and protein extraction.
- Based on tenure in the department, train and develop manufacturing skills of junior technicians with guidance from area management.
- Assist Essent R&D, Engineering, and Quality departments with departmental projects as needed
- Overtime, on-call, and holiday availability, as required.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences
- In lieu of degree, 4 years of laboratory, cellular, or biotechnology experience with High School diploma
- 1 + years’ experience in lab or aseptic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- 1+ years of experience in cellular laboratory or industry experience with isolating, preserving, and handling living cellular material utilizing aseptic technique and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of aseptic technique and good documentation practices
It is the policy of AlloSource not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment. When needed we will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees so that they may perform the essential job duties of the position. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. AlloSource is a Fair Chance Employer. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.