The Shipping Coordinator facilitates proper distribution of packages, playing an essential role in supporting Customer Service, Inventory Associates/Coordinators, Satellite Offices, and internal and external customers. The Shipping Coordinator is also responsible for the order and purchase of shipping supplies for Customer and Business Development. This employee ensures appropriate distribution through proper packaging and shipping methods for packages and mail, resulting in accurate and timely delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all outgoing shipments thru Fed Ex, UPS, USPS and various couriers, to include; preparing merchandise for shipping, ensuring appropriate quality/regulated documents included in shipments, coordinating international shipments, constant internal and external communication to ensure shipment delivery accuracy, as well as troubleshoot and file claims for lost/damaged packages.
- Operates and maintains shipping computer equipment and database.
- Orders shipping supplies, quality documents and regulated shipping labels needed for shipments and maintains appropriate par levels of shipping supplies. Allocates shipping supplies to satellite offices as requested.
- Record Custodian - Archiving of shipping and customer service files annually and maintains shipping records for billing and POD.
- Provides costs analysis of shipping fees for cost effective shipping and works with Finance for proper use of internal departmental billing.
- Follows all cooler validations and regulated packing configurations as defined in department SOPs.
- Checks and monitors weather throughout the U.S. and alerts sales force and satellite offices of adverse weather.
- Assists with mentoring and training Distribution and Inventory Associates on shipping duties.
- Assist the Distribution Supervisor and/or Director of Customer Service with department projects, when needed.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques with are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices, and company policies.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience in a shipping/receiving role with frequent internal/external customer interaction
- Knowledge and use of FedEx Ship Manager Software to process domestic and international shipments
- Knowledge and use of USPS metering equipment
- 1 year shipping experience in tissue banking industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.