The Sr. Procurement Manager is responsible for optimizing company spend and total cost of ownership while mitigating supply related risks. This position will manage sourcing, supplier relationships and performance, contract negotiations and life cycle, and the acquisition of goods and services while ensuring adherence to financial regulatory compliance standards. Responsibility includes workforce management of the Procurement department. Will identify and implement business improvement initiatives and policies that support the overall corporate objectives as it relates to supply chain activities. This position works in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders, such as Supplier Quality, Planning, Production, R&D, IT and Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Department Leaders to implement strategic sourcing for their areas to save them time, take advantage of existing supplier relationships, negotiate pricing and terms, and assist with initial orders.
- Lead a centralized supplier selection process that includes supplier sourcing, RFI/RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, contract negotiation, supplier set up and implementation.
- Identifies risk with sole and single source suppliers and develops mitigation plans to ensure supply continuity.
- Implement a centralized Procurement strategy to provide improved visibility to spend across the organization and track Total Costs for Procure to Pay.
- Identify, evaluate, and capitalize on opportunities to reduce procurement and purchasing costs, working capital management by establishing contracts that improve the organization's buying power and patterns.
- Responsible for corporate P-Card program – policy, spend analysis, and compliance.
- Ensure Procurement functions are administered efficiently, cost effectively, and in accordance with established company policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all regulations, including FDA, Import/Export Compliance, and Quality.
- Maintain and assure accuracy of all required reporting, documentation and/or recordkeeping, to include vendor set up and maintenance.
- Research and analyze spend data to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Implement and manage a requisition system and ERP Purchasing module.
- Resolve any purchasing discrepancies, tracks and trends purchasing activity, and identifies and alleviates potential risk for all supply management streams.
- Establish and maintains communication channels across various departments to support purchasing activities and ensure ongoing operational activities.
- Develop and manage Preferred Suppliers list and partner with Supplier Quality to add to Approved Supplier list
- Responsible for Corporate Procurement Policy and compliance. Transform current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organizational value and efficiency; meet regularly with respective departments regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop, communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Work collaboratively with the Supplier Quality Engineer to assure supplier regulatory compliance and quality are evaluated and met.
- Develop and maintain supplier evaluation system including supplier performance scorecard and review performance of suppliers at regular intervals and suggest action in terms of performance, cost or quality
- Execute strategy for a comprehensive Approved Supplier List based on the spend analysis and quality requirements
- Research and oversee suppliers to ensure that supplies, equipment, and services are of acceptable quality, competitively priced, and delivered timely. Establish and maintain updated lists of alternate vendors.
- Evaluate suppliers through methods such as supplier visitations and various objective performance measurements, including on-time delivery, service performance, and price performance
- Implement and manage a Supplier Contracts database, including workflow for review and approval.
- Set the strategy around the contracts and purchasing function in order to include requirements for establishing contracts, content of contracts, parameters of negotiation, extent of contractor/supplier reviews, optimizing leverage of spending, and implementing appropriate approval levels, etc.
- Negotiate and execute contracts between AlloSource and suppliers for new and existing products
- Collaborate with AlloSource General Counsel to interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bid and renewal
- Manage and develop purchasing department thru utilization of the organization’s talent management model.
- Responsible for measuring performance for Procurement Team through coaching and KPI’s.
- Responsible for building a high performing team that will meet company goals of cost savings, supplier value-add, and supply management.
- Create a team environment that promotes employee engagement, professional development, and continuing education
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ strategic purchasing experience, with applicable years of experience within a manufacturing and/or a regulated environment. Strong functional understanding of finance and accounting
- 5 years supervisory experience, preferably within a supply chain environment
- Strong functional understanding of finance and accounting
- ERP utilization and implementation
- Master’s degree
- APICS or ISM certification
- Medical device or health industry experience
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.