The Global Marketing Manager (GMM) demonstrates a complete understanding of the orthopedics market segment and has experience in medical device or tissue marketing. With minimal direction, provides strategic leadership for specified segments(s). Provides leadership for upstream and downstream marketing: defining product strategies, product definition, positioning, competition, pricing, promotion, launch plans and analysis to achieve corporate revenue goals. Conducts market research, market analysis and post-launch analysis. Leads Global development and implementation of tactical programs in partnership with marketing and sales management. Responsible to achieve corporate revenue goals for specific markets and co-manages budgets. The individual is a key member of sales and marketing teams. Critical to travel with customers and sales to better understand the needs and drivers of internal and external customers to assure the successful growth and profitability of the business. Acts as a champion for key customers, targets, and key opinion leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are performed under general direction:
- Manage marketing direction for specific product groups and its products within specified segment.
- Develop product/marketing strategies to ensure effective product placement/pricing relative to market opportunity.
- Develop and implement short and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specified segment and product area.
- Provide expertise and leadership to both sales and marketing personnel in the effective execution of strategies, launch plans, and marketing campaigns.
- Research and analyze markets, brand performance, customer feedback and potential business opportunities and provides recommendation for new product development, product enhancements, or business expansion.
- Lead the definition and execution of marketing plans to maximize the positive financial impacts of new products.
- Lead creation of strategic and tactical plans to assure containment of competitive products to the segment portfolio.
- Guide marketing management to successfully implement strategies and tactics at the field level, including assisting in development of key opinion leader’s both internally and regionally.
- Provide leadership for sales training and “train the trainer” programs, working with sales and internal thought leaders.
- Drive brand equity and evaluate brand performance
- Participate in team-based approach to drive the success of the overall segment portfolio, including partnering with sales in calling on identified key accounts to increase use of AlloSource products.
- Lead forecasting efforts and work with planning/operations to ensure adequate supply and customer satisfaction.
- Serve as a market expert for a specified segment: including products, procedures, and competitors.
- Provide strategic input for trade shows and society engagements for the identified segment.
- Provide briefs and oversee development and production of marketing and training materials.
- Travel as needed to meet business demands.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Life Sciences, or related field
- 6-9 years’ experience within medical device, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, or product line marketing
- 6+ years’ experience in medical marketing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Master’s degree in Marketing, MBA or Life Sciences
- Experience in spine, orthopedic, burn/wound care or general surgery technologies
- Experience working in a clinical/operating room environment
- Experience working within medical and/or hospital field sales
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.