The Senior Buyer is responsible for the sourcing and purchasing of materials, instruments, equipment, tools, parts, packaging, and services with limited guidance from the Procurement Manager. Exercises independent decision making and has authority to take actions that will impact quality, delivery, and total cost of AlloSource’s products. Performs diverse sourcing, purchasing and contracting functions, in compliance with departmental policies and procedures. Interacts with other departments, staff, and vendors to support the procurement process and assure a continuous supply of goods. This role will focus on the procurement process, including strategic sourcing, contracting, and supplier management. Works in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders, such as Production, Legal, Warehousing, and Supplier Quality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly perform buying assignments of varying complexities requiring experience in assigned commodities and knowledge of purchasing policy and procedures
- Manage execution of POs to suppliers based on current demand, run-rate, lead time and forecast.
- Ensure all purchases are in accordance with current purchase orders, specs, leases, and maintenance agreements.
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations, including but not limited to, FDA Regulations, Import/Export Compliance, and Quality
- Ensure a continuous supply of goods to AlloSource
- Utilize Lean methodology to help implement pull systems, Kanbans, consigned and vendor managed inventory
- Assist in resolving vendor material shortages, backlogs, quality issues and any other potential schedule interruptions or delivery delays
- Resolve any purchasing discrepancies, track and trend purchasing activity, and identify and alleviate potential risk for all supply management streams.
- Establish and maintain communication channels across various departments to support purchasing activities and ensure ongoing operational activities.
- Execute set up and maintenance information for new vendors and new items
- Advise management of market conditions and supplier base activity, which could affect pricing, and or future availability
- Assist and support departments with all purchasing processes
- Complete required reports, records, and other documentation as required
Supplier Relationship Management
- Track and report supplier performance and resolve any supplier performance issues in conjunction with the Procurement Manager and Supplier Quality
- Assure purchasing is from the Approved Supplier List.
- Support research of suppliers to ensure that supplies, equipment, and services are of acceptable quality, competitively priced, and delivered timely
- Determine when additional sources of supply are needed. Identify and develop plans to qualify additional sources.
- Gather data from systems to assist in providing and maintaining dashboards with key performance indicators
- Support implementation and management of supplier evaluation system including supplier performance scorecard and review performance of suppliers at regular intervals and suggest action in terms of performance, cost or quality.
- Support and execute competitive bid events (RFX). This includes leading cross functional stakeholder teams through requirements gathering, RFX process, final supplier selection and implementation.
- Evaluate supplier responses and analyze quantitative and qualitative data. Present results to internal customers and facilitate a scorecard response to select supplier.
- Gather and analyze relevant data including, but not limited to, current expenditure and purchasing practices, supply market information, internal customer information, benchmark data, internal demand, on-hand balances, lead time, and supplier performance data.
- Conduct regular market and spend analysis programs to drive cost savings and supplier performance
- Prepare detailed purchasing analysis in support of alternate purchasing strategies
- Assist in negotiation of supplier agreements including Terms and Conditions, specifications, service levels and pricing.
- Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of degree, must have 9 years' relevant experience
- 5-7 years’ experience purchasing materials, supplies, goods and/or services within a manufacturing environment.
- 4 years’ experience strategic sourcing and validating suppliers, and vendor/supplier management.
- Experience analyzing market trends.
- Experience developing a thorough cost analysis across suppliers
- ISM certification
- APICS certification
- Lean concepts
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.