The Procurement Manager is responsible for optimizing company spend and total cost of ownership while mitigating supply related risks. This position will manage sourcing, supplier relationships, contract negotiations, and the acquisition of goods and services while ensuring adherence to financial regulatory compliance standards. Responsibility includes workforce management of the Procurement department. Will identify and implement business improvement initiatives and policies that support the overall corporate objectives as it relates to supply chain activities. This position works in conjunction with relevant internal stakeholders, such as Supplier Quality, Planning, Production, R&D, IT and Facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a centralized supplier selection process that includes supplier sourcing, RFI/RFP/RFQ, supplier selection, contract negotiation, supplier set up and implementation.
- Identifies risk with sole and single source suppliers and develops mitigation plans to ensure supply continuity.
- Ensure Procurement functions are administered efficiently, cost effectively, and in accordance with established company policies and procedures, as well as compliance with all regulations, including FDA, Import/Export Compliance, and Quality.
- Maintain and assure accuracy of all required reporting, documentation and/or recordkeeping, to include vendor set up and maintenance.
- Research and analyze spend data to identify cost savings opportunities.
- Implement and manage a requisition system and ERP Purchasing module
- Resolve any purchasing discrepancies, tracks and trends purchasing activity, and identifies and alleviates potential risk for all supply management streams.
- Establish and maintains communication channels across various departments to support purchasing activities and ensure ongoing operational activities.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Work collaboratively with the Supplier Quality Engineer to assure supplier regulatory compliance and quality are evaluated and met.
- Develop and maintain supplier evaluation system including supplier performance scorecard and review performance of suppliers at regular intervals and suggest action in terms of performance, cost or quality
- Execute strategy for a comprehensive Approved Supplier List based on the spend analysis and quality requirements
- Research and oversee suppliers to ensure that supplies, equipment, and services are of acceptable quality, competitively priced, and delivered timely. Establish and maintain updated lists of alternate vendors.
- Evaluate suppliers through methods such as supplier visitations and various objective performance measurements, including on-time delivery, service performance, and price performance
- Set the strategy around the contracts and purchasing function in order to include requirements for establishing contracts, content of contracts, parameters of negotiation, extent of contractor/supplier reviews, optimizing leverage of spending, and implementing appropriate approval levels, etc.
- Negotiate and execute contracts between AlloSource and suppliers for new and existing products
- Collaborate with AlloSource General Counsel to interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bid and renewal
- Manage and develop purchasing department thru utilization of the organization’s talent management model.
- Responsible for measuring performance for Procurement Team through coaching and KPI’s.
- Responsible for building a high performing team that will meet company goals of cost savings, supplier value-add, and supply management.
- Create a team environment that promotes employee engagement, professional development, and continuing education.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or Business
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years’ strategic purchasing experience
- 5 - 7 years’ strategic purchasing experience, with applicable years of experience within a manufacturing and/or a regulated environment. Strong functional understanding of finance and accounting
- 3 years supervisory experience, preferably within a supply chain environment
- Strong functional understanding of finance and accounting
- ERP utilization and implementation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.