The Operations Production Technician (OPT) is responsible for safely and aseptically processing human tissue and cell products, and decontaminating, sterilizing reusable equipment and supplies. The OPTs perform responsibilities according to SOPs, WIs, equipment specifications and product specifications. Depending on the product/process, the OPT may utilize various tools, equipment, machinery, and chemicals. This position works in a Controlled Work Area (CWA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to aseptic technique and processing practices per applicable standards.
- Interpret applicable product specifications and perform tasks according to established procedures and company expectations.
- Complete accurate processing records in accordance with Good Documentation Practices.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current Standard Operating Procedures/work instructions, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- On a rotating schedule this position will work on company observed holidays.
- Overtime and call-in work will be determined as needed.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year formal work experience within a company requiring strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed procedures, written and verbal instruction in English.
- Ability to conduct basic math calculations to determine dimensions, sizes, quantities, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook, as well as navigating computer databases and systems.
- Bachelors degree (preferable focus in life sciences)
- AATB and/or CTBS Certification
- Certification in Sterile Processing and Distribution (CSPD)
- Experience performing aseptic technique in medical or laboratory environment.
- Previous FDA and/or Tissue Banking experience
- Previous tissue/cell processing experience.
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.