The Engineer III provides technical support to the Operations, R&D, Quality, Facilities and Customer Business Development departments. This includes managing projects, developing new equipment, processes and systems. Existing operation equipment/processes/systems will also be supported on a day to day basis, including but not limited to process/product engineering, documentation, equipment validation/verification, specification creation and resolution of production processing issues. This Engineer III duties include the communication with all stakeholders to insure adequate input is achieved and status understood.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes Engineering department projects, cross-functional projects and tactical business initiatives.
- Performs structured and documented problem solving activities including root cause analysis, corrective action identification and validation of action effectiveness.
- Provides Core processing expertise in support of operational process improvements and product development work activity.
- Develops and executes product development stage-gate deliverables to insure effective transfer of products into production.
- Consistent adherence with company policy, safety guidelines, quality practices, standard operating procedures, and maintain confidentiality of sensitive company information.
- Reviews work to insure errors do not result in: serious injury to a graft recipient, injury to an AlloSource technician, regulatory non-compliance, excess expense to the company.
- Participates in special projects and supports Operations activity on an as needed basis.
- Participates in financial objectives and performance goals.
- Adheres to and promotes proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- Performs work with minimal supervision and occasional follow-up.
- Provides system training and project guidance for newer engineers
- 7-10 years of related Engineering experience. In Lieu of Experience: 4-6 years of Engineering experience with a Master’s degree in Engineering
- Solid analytical, problem solving and innovative skills are required to apply to new methodologies addressing unique and new company challenges.
- Able to recognize/define problems and communicate them effectively to all levels of experience.
- Experience required in supporting operations, validating equipment/processes and addressing customer issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Process design
- Process and equipment validation
- Biologics/Pharma/Blood Banking
- Packaging and materials
- Regulated industry under part 210/211 CFR
- A background in a FDA regulated products/processes (tissue banking, medical device or pharmaceutical) or other regulated environment.
- Involvement in a formal product development process (“stage-gate”) either managing the process or creating/executing stage deliverables.
- SolidWorks Training
- Structured/formal problem solving methodologies (A5, 5 Whys, 8D, etc.).
- Master’s degree in Engineering
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.