For more than 20 years, AlloSource’s allografts have been the biologic solutions our surgeon customers use to deliver better care to their patients. As one of the largest and most respected nonprofit tissue banks in the United States, AlloSource develops, processes and distributes over 200 types of life-saving and life-enhancing allografts for use in a variety of medical procedures. Our commitment to honoring the gift of tissue donation motivates us to develop innovative allografts and lead the way in cellular and tissue therapies.
Must comply and ensure adherence with FDA, CGTP, OSHA, AlloSource SOPs, work instructions & procedures, proper practices and techniques, AATB standards, and applicable company policies, training requirements, safety practices and regulatory requirements that are applicable to the job responsibilities.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for assisting in research, reconciliation and preparation of financial records for AlloSource, including reconciling various balance sheet accounts. They will also be responsible for various monthly journal entries, assisting in the physical month-end close process, assisting with preparation of various financial reports, assistance with the annual audit, and special projects as assigned. The position is also responsible for managing the A/R and A/P functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for month-end corporate accounting processes for AlloSource including various account reconciliations and leading the team to close AR & AP transactions on timely and accurately basis.
- Understands and familiar with Net Working Capital measurement and manage AP and AR performance through financial metrics such as DSO, DPO, Past Due Aging analysis, bad debt reserve analysis, etc.
- Monitor AR & AP performance against budget, analyze variances, and prepare management reports for AlloSource.
- Responsible for understanding the AR & AP modules within iRen and Epicor and assisting with questions, research or other problems unable to be solved by the AR & AP associates, including assisting with customer collection issues as needed.
- Establish appropriate controls to protect the assets of the company, including management of cash with respect to receivables and payables transactions. Interface with direct and indirect sales revenue team to ensure timely identification of issues with respect to payment and collection. Work with purchasing and A/P associates to ensure accurate and timely payment for goods and services received. Ensure purchasing policy is properly followed, and oversee the vendor 1099 process.
- Proactively manage and communicate the risks customers and vendors may have.
- Review and approve weekly AP check run to assess the accuracy of general ledger account postings (including proper capitalization of fixed assets, prepaid expenses, etc.), validity of invoices being paid, and proper cash flow forecasting.
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the AR and AP functional areas.
- Assists the Corporate Controller with various projects as needed.
- Lead, mentor and develop the AR & AP staff by setting clear expectations and continually evaluating bench strength and depth. Works with employees to create annual stretch goals, individualized training and development, and on an on-going basis identifies ways to increase the productivity of each employee.
- Support the CFO and Corporate Controller as required in discharging the duties and responsibilities of both the Audit Committee and Operations/Finance Committee.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- Bachelors in accounting/finance
- 5-7 years’ progressive accounting experience, specifically in AR and AP functions
- 2+ years’ experience working within an ERP system
- Advanced Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- 3 years’ experience supervising, coaching and developing
- MBA and/or CPA
- Non-Profit accounting
- Prior experience processing payroll
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.