For more than 20 years, AlloSource’s allografts have been the biologic solutions our surgeon customers use to deliver better care to their patients. As one of the largest and most respected nonprofit tissue banks in the United States, AlloSource develops, processes and distributes over 200 types of life-saving and life-enhancing allografts for use in a variety of medical procedures. Our commitment to honoring the gift of tissue donation motivates us to develop innovative allografts and lead the way in cellular and tissue therapies.
Must comply and ensure adherence with FDA, CGTP, OSHA, AlloSource SOPs, work instructions & procedures, proper practices and techniques, AATB standards, and applicable company policies, training requirements, safety practices and regulatory requirements that are applicable to the job responsibilities.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing receiving, warehousing and distribution services by developing and maintaining product movement and storage processes, improving operations and managing staff. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for workforce management to include recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing team. This position will oversee the efficient and effective receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a variety of products, both onsite and offsite. The Warehouse Manager will identify and implement business improvement initiatives and policies that support the overall corporate objectives as it relates to supply chain activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Inbound and Outbound Warehouse Operations Management
- Achieves warehouse operations operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and service level standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
- Manages warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating best practices and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations to comply with all regulatory obligations, including but not limited to OSHA, HazMat, government regulations, etc. by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols
- Constantly review the set-up of the building/operations to maintain a clean, efficient, and safe work environment, including but not limited to new design layouts, slotting, location maintenance and optimal workflow
- Develop and implement daily, weekly, monthly KPIs for all managed areas
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and controlling budget expenses
- Manage receiving, warehousing, and the replenishment of Core Operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Manage receiving process to ensure accurate and optimal methods are used in getting inventory received and put away accurately and timely.
- Manage all inbound receiving inspection activities and documentation as defined by Quality; coordinate with QA in the reconciliation of material quality issues
- Ensure all orders and shipments are completed efficiently, accurately, on time, including but not limited to picking, shipping, returns, and inventory management.
- Manage shipping process to ensure accurate and optimal methods are used in completing outbound orders accurately and timely.
- Active involvement with escalated customer requests as needed
- Implement and manage a cycle count program to promote inventory accuracy. Manage raw material and finished goods count activities; coordinate with Finance, reconciliation of variances, root cause analyses and corrective action development.
- Establish and monitor inventory performance measures
- Develop and implement best practices to maintain inventory and achieve cost objectives
- Enforce proper inventory procedures to ensure timely transactions by Warehouse, and Distribution personnel
- Ensure the efficient flow of inventory in both inbound and outbound warehouse locations
- Communicate with Director of Supply Chain regarding feedback, issues, best practices and progress
- Ensure proper and timely execution of FIFO and expiration management
- Ensure the physical safety, integrity and accuracy of inventory
- Ensures proper management of raw material inventory stored offsite
- Determine and maintain staffing needs by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Develop and maintain a qualified staff comprised of supervisor(s), full time, and temporary employees by providing training, coaching, counseling and performance monitoring.
- Facilitate regular performance management feedback and creation of development plans.
- Facilitate, participate and actively foster a culture of safety, quality, and personal accountability through the following activities, but not limited to: safety walks, storytelling, projects, continuous improvements, adherence to quality guidelines, and performance management.
- Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Equivalent combination of related education and experience may be considered
- 5 - 7 years warehouse management experience
- 3 years-experience supervising, coaching and developing people, preferably in a supply chain environment
- Experience in development of cost controls and strategies, department policies and procedures, and leading process improvements
- Experience ERP utilization and implementation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications
- APICS, Certified Supply Chain Professional
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Experience working in a regulated industry
- Lift up to 50 lbs (10lbs continuously), bend, stand, twist, push, pull, manual dexterity, visual acuity, type, repetitive motion of wrist and shoulder.
- Will be exposed to florescent lighting, dust, fumes, chemicals, biohazardous materials, Aseptic environment, working in confined spaces, wearing personal protective equipment, and sharp tools/instruments.
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.