For more than 20 years, AlloSource’s allografts have been the biologic solutions our surgeon customers use to deliver better care to their patients. As one of the largest and most respected nonprofit tissue banks in the United States, AlloSource develops, processes and distributes over 200 types of life-saving and life-enhancing allografts for use in a variety of medical procedures. Our commitment to honoring the gift of tissue donation motivates us to develop innovative allografts and lead the way in cellular and tissue therapies.
Must comply and ensure adherence with FDA, CGTP, OSHA, AlloSource SOPs, work instructions & procedures, proper practices and techniques, AATB standards, and applicable company policies, training requirements, safety practices and regulatory requirements that are applicable to the job responsibilities.
Under the guidance from the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor will provide leadership within the core environment and direct the processing of human tissue for transplantation in accordance with Good Tissue Practices. Significant duties include fostering a positive work environment through modeling professional behavior and core values, ensuring accountability and driving performance through established production metrics (Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Service). The Operations Supervisor provides clear, accurate, and prompt communication of daily shift activities and performance per functional area that reaches the entire Operations group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project, Process and Quality Management
- Executes and provides feedback, by way of cross-shift collaboration, for the tactical plan related to the following: MPS attainment, headcount, first pass yield, labor efficiency, and other production metrics as defined.
- Executes the tactical plan to ensure schedule completion.
- Contributes to impact analysis of Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) actions and assists with the development of the tactical plan.
- Provides support as needed to conduct investigations, identify root causes, and implement solutions that result in long-term effectiveness/sustainability per functional area and Operations.
- Evaluates potential changes that will impact functional area’s activities and communicates the scope as they are being implemented (i.e. – CPI, Change Control, PDSA, etc.).
- Workforce Management
- Provides support as needed to determine staffing needs per functional area in order to execute the production schedule based on skillset and training needs.
- Oversees daily activities and performance management of production team members as necessary.
- Executes and participates in the action plans as it pertains to engagement/culture.
- Facilitates, participates, and actively fosters a culture of safety, quality, and personal accountability for the entirety of Operations (e.g. – safety walks, storytelling, projects, improvements, adherence to quality guidelines, company policies, etc.).
- Leads team meetings with poise and integrity on a daily basis reiterating the importance of safety. Sets the example when communicating and interacting with others. Swiftly reacts to observations and incidences to assure injuries are handled appropriately.
- Continuously monitors the competencies of employees according to established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Works proactively with other departments to organize priorities and completes necessary work by clearly communicating the needs and utilizing staff to accomplish daily activities.
- Utilizes data gathered to make decisions and communicates productivity to management.
- Evaluates performance and behavior on a routine basis and clearly communicates expectations. Documents all conversations concerning performance and behavior on a standard form. Ensures timely resolution of performance & behavior related issues and applies disciplinary action as required. Develops the skills of employees through proactive interactions and monitors during one-on-one meetings.
- Manages employees to ensure daily tasks are completed. Recognizes and corrects behaviors daily and during routine evaluations.
- Continuously communicates with all departments to ensure proper implementation and feedback for all projects impacting operations.
- Bachelor’s degree
- See in lieu of requirements
- 2-3 years of work experience in a regulated environment; FDA, AATB, ISO, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
- In lieu of degree, 2-3 years’ experience leading work groups/project teams within a regulated industry and/or formalized management development training to be considered.
- 2 years college level study with focus in the sciences
- Lean certification
- Six Sigma Certification (Yellow belt)
- AATB (CTBS Certification)
- FDA regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical device and the tissue banking industry.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred in Regulated, Biotech, or Manufacturing Industry
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.