For more than 20 years, AlloSource’s allografts have been the biologic solutions our surgeon customers use to deliver better care to their patients. As one of the largest and most respected nonprofit tissue banks in the United States, AlloSource develops, processes and distributes over 200 types of life-saving and life-enhancing allografts for use in a variety of medical procedures. Our commitment to honoring the gift of tissue donation motivates us to develop innovative allografts and lead the way in cellular and tissue therapies.
Must comply and ensure adherence with FDA, CGTP, OSHA, AlloSource SOPs, work instructions & procedures, proper practices and techniques, AATB standards, and applicable company policies, training requirements, safety practices and regulatory requirements that are applicable to the job responsibilities.
The Sr Scientist AIC (AlloSource Innovation Center) serves as the technical and scientific lead in support of AlloSource innovation process. The position supports AlloSource early-stage opportunity investigation and evaluation (“futuring”) efforts. Supports futuring with appropriate scientific follow-up on requested proof of concept work and further investigation as directed from NIRC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans and performs scientific experimental evaluation and technical evaluation (Proof-of-Concept) of technologies that are identified through New Idea Review Committee, (NIRC) from university or other outside collaborations as well as from licensing and acquisitions due diligence activities.
- Plans and executes advanced development and evaluation activities that include ideation and proof of concept for internally generated ideas. These ideas may originate within the innovation group, R&D or others within AlloSource
- In collaboration with the Director AIC, plans and executes scientific rationale to help determine a path forward for a decision as to the attractiveness of an internally or externally generated technology related opportunity for further pursuit by AlloSource.
- Reviews scientific literature and proposes and/or suggests suitable experimental plans to review ideas coming before NIRC
- Plans, implements and evaluates research studies and co-development activities in collaboration with external partners.
- Prepares technical articles, protocols, and scientific studies, in support of strategic licensing and acquisition opportunities.
- In collaboration with Director AIC, advises on patenting opportunities from ideas generated within the innovation group and through NIRC review of early stage opportunities.
- May supervise additional scientist/ Research Associates/Research Assistants level employees or other specialists in the execution of necessary protocols in support of mid to long term futuring projects.
- Participates in due diligence efforts as required
- Will have involvement in or management of other special projects or assignments as required
- PhD Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology/life sciences or similar discipline
- 5+years in bioengineering and/or tissue engineering related field(s) (may include post-doctoral work)
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- Experience in authorship of papers as demonstrated by publications in a peer reviewed journal
- Inventorship as demonstrated by granted patents and/or patent applications
- Demonstrated experience in launching new products in an FDA regulated environment (concept to commercialization)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word for report writing, Excel for data analysis, statistics and graphic representations and PowerPoint for presenting scientific work
- Advanced oral communication skills, with demonstrated ability to convey and present informational results.
- Basic proficiency with statistical software such as Minitab and MatLab
- PhD thesis work dealing with cell and/or tissue related applications (e.g. MSC, cartilage, dermis, bone repair or similar)
- Additional job experience in a tissue banking or similar industry environment (may include internship, coop, etc); prior product launch experience in living cellular products (concept through commercialization)
- Lift up to 50 lbs (10lbs continuously), bend, stand, twist, push, pull, manual dexterity, visual acuity, type, repetitive motion of wrist and shoulder.
- Will be exposed to florescent lighting, dust, fumes, chemicals, biohazardous materials, Aseptic environment, working in confined spaces, wearing personal protective equipment, and sharp tools/instruments.
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.
AlloSource uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.