AlloSource is a non-profit organization founded in 1994 on a promise to honor and respect the gift of donation by responsibly developing, processing and distributing life-saving and life-enhancing allografts for our communities. Today, AlloSource is one of the largest, most respected tissue banks in the United States. Through our growth we’ve remained committed to the wishes of donor families, the needs of our surgeon customers, and the hopes of our patient recipients. Our promise of “doing more with life” reflects our unwavering focus on integrity, quality, safety, and respect – today, and into the future.
Must comply and ensure adherence with FDA, CGTP, OSHA, AlloSource SOPs, work instructions & procedures, proper practices and techniques, AATB standards, and applicable company policies, training requirements, safety practices and regulatory requirements that are applicable to the job responsibilities.
This position is responsible for the fairness and accuracy of the company’s financial records, the protection of the company’s assets, and the timely and accurate presentation of the organization’s financial position to both internal and external users of the data. From a corporate perspective this position has oversight for the General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Inventory Management, Accounts Receivable and Payables and Payroll. The Corporate Controller is responsible for all corporate-level accounting projects such as audits, writing and implementing policies and procedures, annual insurance renewals, Federal and state tax reporting and audits. This position is responsible for the development and growth of the accounting department as it relates to talent management, development plans and training plans. Additionally, this position is responsible for performance of all accounting, reporting, auditing and insurance requirements for the 50% owned joint venture Joint Restoration Foundation
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Accurate preparation of AlloSource and JRF financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Oversight and review of entries into the general ledger, review of account reconciliations, oversight and management of cash, fixed asset accounting and payroll activities.
2. Ensure key operational information (inventory, variances, impairment and discards) is analyzed and communicated to key stakeholders on a timely basis.
3. Ensure proper accounting of contractual agreements including distribution fees, grant expenses, royalty agreements and consulting arrangements. Ensure proper equity accounting for wholly owned entity and JRF joint venture.
4. Effective and timely communication of financial statement and analysis to appropriate management and stakeholders.
5. Establish appropriate controls to protect the assets of the company, including management of cash, company credit cards, payables, expense reports and other areas.
6. Lead and direct the interim and annual financial AlloSource, JRF audits and worker’s comp audits.
7. Direct and oversee all tax reporting for IRS audits including AlloSource and JRF’s federal and state tax returns in conjunction with the external tax firm; annually direct the process to file unclaimed property returns with the state; review and amend as needed all personal property returns; file census and business income returns as required by federal and state governments; oversight of vendor 1099 and employee W2 distribution.
8. Oversee all Sunshine Act data collect to confirm with reporting requirements and direct excise tax reporting requirements and audits.
9. Responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the accounting staff; setting clear expectations; and continually evaluating bench strength and depth. Works with employees to create annual stretch goals, individualized training and development, and on an on-going basis identifies ways to increase the productivity of each employee.
10. Responsible for the annual renewal of both company’s general liability and other miscellaneous insurance policies.
11. Support the CFO and AlloSource Treasurer and Secretary as required in discharging the duties and responsibilities of the Audit Committee and the Operations/Finance Committee.
12. Adhere to and promote proper practices and techniques which are consistent with current operating procedures, training requirements, safety practices and company policies
• 10+ years of experience in accounting and finance
• 5+ years supervisory experience
• 5+ years’ Experience in manufacturing environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
• BS in Accounting or Finance
• Previous experience in Corporate Controller position
• CPA, MBA
For consideration you must apply online, submit a current resume and meet the minimum requirements. All offers are contingent upon a background check, drug screen and other contingencies may apply depending upon the position. Candidates within a 50 mile radius of the hiring zip code may receive first consideration. If you require special accommodations, please contact us at 720-873-0213.